< SEE ALL POSTS
How to increase salon and spa web traffic with blogging
April 26, 2012 | By Eric Ducoff | 2 Comments
Several years ago, the bulk of my marketing responsibilities at Strategies involved print ads and direct mail. But in a seeming blink of an eye, those traditional marketing avenues have all but dried up — in every industry. The launch pad for the selling process has relocated from the mailbox to the computer screen. People are relying on the Internet more than ever to make their buying decisions. The challenge is how to grab the attention of both potential clients and the search engines they’re searching with.
One of the most important elements in getting found online is the ability to consistently publish new and relevant content. Just like you and me, search engines like new stuff! One of the most effective ways to pump new content onto your site is through blogging.
Not sure what to write about? Here are five salon/spa blog topics to drive traffic to your website:
- Seasonal styles and trends: Is your staff trained on the latest techniques? Great! Showcase these trends to your clients. Whether it’s a cut, color, manicure or quick-and-easy style, the more expertise you display about the latest trends, the greater the chances potential clients will make their appointments with your business.
- Product spotlights: Have a product that’s flying off the shelves? When products are popular, buyers are looking for them online. Share your professional insights on the hottest sellers to drive traffic to your site.
- Team profiles: You’ve got a great team, so talk them up! What are their areas of expertise? What awards have they won? What new classes have they taken? Why do they love working at your salon or spa? Don’t forget about your non-technical team members. Tell the world why you think you have the greatest guest-services staff.
- Special events: Whether it’s a cut-a-thon, guy’s night, breast cancer awareness event or a fashion show, events are prime marketing opportunities. Let potential clients know that your business is about more than just hair and massages; it’s about giving back and having fun.
- How to get the most out of a salon/spa service: Help take the guesswork out of what a client should expect from their service by educating them on the lingo, etiquette and options available.
These five topics are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to blogging ideas for salons and spas. I’ll leave you with three closing thoughts.
- You’re the expert, so write about what you know.
- Keep it short and sweet. Blog posts don’t have to be essays. Two paragraphs can often do the job.
- Always remember that you want your blog entries to be found by search engines. So make sure you are using keywords and phrases that you would enter into Google if you were searching for this topic.